Ohio Concealed Handgun License Requirements/Classes
by Joe Eaton
10:16AM Wednesday, February 25 2015
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR OHIO CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE
The law requires at least 8 hours (starting 3/23/15) of certified training in the following matters:
- The ability to name, explain, and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition
- The ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner
- The ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner
- Gun-handling training
Additionally, you must have at least two hours of practical training, including range time and live-fire experience. The applicant also must complete an examination that tests his competency. The test must include a written section on the ability to name and explain the rules for the safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition. Additionally, the exam must include a physical demonstration of competency on handgun usage and rules for safe handling and storage of a handgun. It also must require a physical demonstration of the attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner.
- Students will need a handgun and at least 100 rounds of ammunition (We have training guns if needed).
- Eye and ear protection with clothing to match weather conditions, food and beverage.
- Classes are designed to meet your specific needs.
Cost $75 ($20 goes towards training materials you will keep)
Use the ‘Contact Us’ link at the top of our website for more details.